Saturday 31 October 2009

"Our Target Is The World"

The final part of the Chronicles of Torture is here! Don't expect all to end in happiness...

Jake ran, on and on through the tunnel, the clatter of the soldiers boots behind him yet distant. He knew he was near the surface; he had been running for 30 minutes and would not rest until the guards had given up. But they would not stop so quickly, for they knew of worse fates than death. The only thing Jake could do was run.

After another ten minutes of running, Jake finally stopped. He couldn't go on like this, running from Tommy's guards. He was so worn out, he didn't care if he were caught sooner of later. It was only then did he realise that there was no noise; not footsteps, no voices, nothing save the sound of his breath and his heartbeat, a strong thud in his ears.

Maybe this is not the end, maybe I will get out of here after all. But what then? I can't just return to my original life, can I? Is it really better to hide for the rest of my years or face the consequences of what I have done?

Jake stood. He had made up his mind. Drawing on reserves of energy, he began to run up the tunnel and hopefully to the near surface.

********************

"WHAT?!? HE'S ESCAPED?!?"
Tommy was furious. If Jake was not caught, then they would be ruined. Black Row would be shut down, but, more importantly, The Plan would never work. He could not allow this to happen.
"Sir, what must be done?"
"Execute the guards who lost him, drown them in Acryllic Paint. Then find all of Jakes' close family. If he does not come out, then they will suffer. Also, arrange a trip to the surface."

********************

Sunlight. After the cold darkness of the underground, it stung his eyes and burnt his skin. But he was grateful. Jake had discovered the secret of Black Row, faced the might of Tommyfer Lawdry and lived to the tale. As he knew he must. The Police and even the Government must know what he knew, or he would soon be sent back to the Chamber. But there was one thing he had to do first. He had to make sure his family was alright.

Blood. There was an iron stench of it in the air, even before Jake opened the front door that had been snapped in half and was barely hanging on its hinges. He slowly walked inside, and the first thing that he saw was a message written on a wall. A message written in blood.

"Visit your office block, be there by 10pm. For every ten minutes that you are late, one of your family will die."

Jake could do nothing else. He had to go. Misery and defeat crept over him. He knelt down and cried.

********************

"9:59, and still no sign of him. Face it, Boss, he isn't going to be here."
"Give him the last minute. If he doesn't turn up, kill his family members, one by one."

Tommy was pacing the Office, waiting for Jake. He was not a patient man, and the current situation had stressed him out a lot. If Jake did not turn up, all was lost.

"Ok, Tommy, here I am. I haven't told anyone about your secret, so let my family go."

Jake stood in the doorway, facing Tommy. He would not let his family die because of his greed.

"Good choice, Jake. Guards, burn the building and leave the family here. Jake," Tommy stared into his eyes "You're coming with me".

"You traitor! You said my family would be alright if I came!"

"I DID NOT SAY SUCH A THING! Now, follow me."

Tommy led the way out of the building and into a car. Jake got in. After a few minutes, fire burnt through Jakes' old work place.

"Jake, you know what we are doing, but you think that we will just take the Government, hmm? No, you are wrong. It is not just the Government, not just the county. No, our target is the world."

Jakes' body was found on the 3rd November, cleverly concealed in a bush of thorns near the Thames. When he was examined for a cause of death, all that could be suggested was an extremely high pressure, for all his bones were nothing but powder. Black Row had taken its revenge, and its secret was still a secret. Jake was not the first, nor will he be the last.

COMMENTS

Kaytei: Richard! That ending was horrible!

Ultimate Master Zaros: What do you mean?! I spent ages on that!

Tommy (Lawson): Why, why WHY am I always the evil guy?

Mark: Hey everybody! I can comment again! But I must admit, Richard, that ending was really weird.

Kaytei: Yes, Richard, I completely agree with Mark.

Mr Staples: Woo! I recently made my 100th post! Nothing will stand up against me, especially not Tea and Toast, minky bum chocolate!

Kaytei: WHAT!?!? One does not like being referred to as Minky Bum Chocolate! But Richard, will you PLEASE change the ending?

Richard: Fine! Give me a minute.

Jakes' body was not found in a bush of thorns near the Thames. No one knew what Black Row was planning.

Richard: Better?

Mark: It adds suspense, and creates a feeling that it shall, one day, be continued. Boody Boody Boody Boo!

Tommy: I agree with Mark, but 'Boody Boody Boody Boo'? Wft?!?

Kaytei: Yes, Richard, I also agree with Mark. Thank you for changing it.

Richard: No problem. Now, everyone must wait for the Shattered World!!! Mwuahahahahahaha!!!

4 comments:

  1. XD Brilliant. THIS IS AWESOME! i'm so evil in your story. I especially like that part where i have all the guards drowned in accrylic paint. and where i burn that dudes family. horrible...but i loved my imput, nonetheless.

    ...Btw. In the bottom comments? I'd never put Wft. Wtf mayb, but never Wft. XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! i can't believe you got us all so perfectly in the comment-y-type-bit-thing!! you really made them sounds like us xD
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... Love the comments...

    Anyway, good ending, and I think I know what this is going to lead into (well, so does everyone else probably). And I liked the moral quandary (using fancy terms here) when Jake realises that even if he escapes, there is no way he could lead his normal life, and he'd be killed anyway.

    Ah!! The tension of the family killing thing.

    P.S. Check Poetry Arty Stuff. There will be a new Anarchist part and something else...

    ReplyDelete