Sunday 27 December 2009

The Shattered World Part 4 - Revelation?

We will return to Richard Osman and Black Row in time, but for now let us continue the story of Rebecca, just as she and her team were ambushed by Yarofev and Zombies...

Rebecca simply stood there, staring into the decaying face of a Zombie. Its yellow eyes, half face hanging and a snarling, gaping hole that used to be a mouth. It lunged forwards and knocked Rebecca down. Slowly it raised its hand, and suddenly brought it down.

*********************

"You will bring her to me. Suggest to Christian that Rebecca should come along on the next scavenge. She MUST go along, or your life will be forfeit."
"How am I supposed to persuade him?! He'll never listen to me!"
"You have to get her to go on the trip. Do whatever you need to do, but do NOT kill anyone, or they will be suspicious."
"But what if something goes wrong? What if they get split up?"
"Don't worry: I will protect her..."

*********************

The Zombie never completed its strike. It all happened so quickly, it was just a blur. The Zombie just fell to bits, with Yarofev standing behind it.

"Come with me, you are not safe here."

Rebecca couldn't believe it. Yarofev, protecting her? She knew the world had long since been shattered, but this was unbelievable.

"How do I know that I'll be safe with you?"
"I just saved your life. I am far more capable in this place than you and your entire team will ever be. I have a SafeHouse not far from here, and it has never been found since the Great War ended. I doubt any will find it now."
"OK, I'll go, but can-"

Rebecca stopped in midsentence and Yarofev roared in pain. She stood up and looked over a crouching Yarofev, spotting Christian with a shotgun.

"Reb's! We gotta get outta here! The Zombies are coming!"

And with that, he grabbed her hand and dragged her roughly in the direction of the SafeHouse, with a horde of Zombies right behind them...

*********************

"...and if anything goes wrong, you have to get them to my home. They will all be safe there. YOU will be safe there."

Yarofev had finished talking, it was time for him to follow the scavenge and grab Rebecca at the right moment. As he walked away, the person gabbled out a sentence and left:

"I hear you, Master, and as always, I obey."

1 comment:

  1. So, there's something called the Yarofev Product, comissioned by Black Row.

    There's also a character named Yarofev (the cloaked figure, if I'm correct)

    So Yarofev is the product of a Black Row project?

    Just clutching at straws here...

    ReplyDelete